Hybrid Cloud Solutions Are Becoming More Popular — Do You Know Why?
Are you using the same basic solution as when you first started using the cloud?
While it is wise to be skeptical of new developments with a given technology, at a certain point, you’ll start missing out. The cloud is one of the biggest technological industries worldwide — according to IDC, we’re partway through a 77% growth trend in the Canadian cloud market.
However, it’s important to note that “the cloud” doesn’t just mean one thing. There are public cloud solutions, private cloud solutions, and even hybrid cloud solutions, the last of which is worth exploring.
The fact is that 85% of Canadian organizations have adopted some sort of multi-cloud solution. As the cloud has become a staple of the business world, companies have steadily migrated towards the best version of it. That’s led them to hybrid cloud computing.
What Is A Hybrid Cloud?
Hybrid clouds are a combination of private and public clouds. In private clouds, data and applications that require tighter controls are hosted either internally or privately in an off-site facility. Meanwhile, public clouds are managed externally by third-party providers with the express purpose of reducing a company’s IT infrastructure.
Using a hybrid cloud gives you the freedom to choose which applications and resources you want to keep in the data center and which ones you want to store in the cloud. This flexibility is critical for management, cybersecurity, and compliance, along with the many other benefits offered by the cloud.
Why Should You Use With The Cloud?
Let’s start by looking at all the key benefits offered by the cloud in general:
- Computing Power: The cloud has the ability to activate tens of thousands of CPUs. This unparalleled power can quickly perform deep analytics of your data, and process nearly any ad-hoc queries that you require.
- Reliable Costs: The cloud services subscription model offers the strategic advantage of low-cost, low-risk opt-in combined with a simple, predictable monthly fee.
- Easy Scalability: Cloud services have the unique strategic characteristic of being able to stretch or shrink to suit your current level of demand. This is especially useful for businesses of scale or companies that go through seasons of activity.
- Real-Time Collaboration: With cloud technology, your staff doesn’t have to wait for each other to be done with their part of the document or project in order to tackle their own aspect. They can all work on the same project at the same time to maximize productivity.
- Remote Work Capability: The cloud allows you and your employees to work remotely as need be, which will give your business members the flexibility they desire to have a more balanced home/work life.
Why Is A Hybrid Cloud Solution The Best Choice For You?
There are three significant advantages of hybrid cloud environments.
- Adaptability: Having the ability to choose between on-site or privately hosted cloud servers and public ones let you pair the right IT solution with the right job. For example, you can use the private cloud to store sensitive files while utilizing more robust computing resources from the public cloud to run resource-intensive applications.
- Cost Efficiency and Scalability: Does your business struggle to meet seasonal demands? With a hybrid cloud solution, you’ll be able to easily handle spikes in demand by migrating workloads from insufficient on-premises servers to scalable, pay-as-you-go cloud servers whenever needed, without incurring extra hardware and maintenance costs. So if there are last-minute computing demands that your hardware can’t support or if you’re planning for future expansion, hybrid cloud solutions allow for on-demand increases or decreases in capacity.
- Security: Last but not least are the security advantages of a hybrid cloud solution. You can host sensitive data such as eCommerce details or an HR platform within the private cloud, where it will be protected by your security systems and kept under close watch. Meanwhile, routine forms and documents can be stored in the public cloud and protected by a trusted third-party.
The main takeaway is that with a hybrid cloud solution you have control and flexibility over where your data exists. You can choose which data and systems stay on-premise and which move to the cloud. A hybrid cloud is a good fit for organizations that have a skilled IT staff who want maximum control, as well as large organizations looking to begin a move to the cloud.
Compunet Will Guide You To The A Hybrid Cloud Solution
Compunet InfoTech offers award-winning cloud solutions and support, and has extensive experience in helping clients harness the many benefits offered by the cloud.
No matter where you are with the cloud, our team of IT specialists can provide troubleshooting assistance or strategic advice, helping you to leverage the power of these cloud technologies to their benefit.
- Migration Management: If you are not sure which solution is right for you or how to migrate all your workstations, we’ll walk you through the entire migration process, handling each step along the way to make sure it goes smoothly.
- Comprehensive Support: We offer onsite and remote support to help you resolve any sort of configuration and/or troubleshooting issues right away. If we are not able to remotely resolve the issue, we will come onsite to help you out.
- Employee Training: A vital component of the success strategy of any software offering is the ability for a business’ employees to understand it well enough to utilize it to its fullest potential. We are here to walk your staff through any new features or applications.
Schedule a complimentary consultation with the Compunet team to determine whether a hybrid cloud solution is a right fit for you.
Performance-driven professional with 20+ year record of demonstrated success driving significant growth in sales and revenue for products and services. Identify market needs and implement innovative strategies to capture new business. Engaging and articulate presenter with a talent for delivering winning product and sales presentations to a diverse client base.