Switching IT Companies In Vancouver: The Inside Scoop
Have you been thinking about switching Vancouver IT companies?
Today’s businesses rely on the support of IT companies to make sure your data is secure and your operations are running the way they should. IT companies are also responsible for installing new software, hardware, providing technical support, and ensuring that all devices are working properly.
With many parts of the country reopening from the pandemic, we have received many phone calls from organizations wanting to switch IT companies. Some organizations have stated that their current IT company struggled to keep up with the needs of the organizations. There could be many reasons why your organization might be thinking about switching IT companies.
How Hard Is It to Switch Vancouver IT companies?
Switching IT companies for your Vancouver business can be a massive project. IT companies usually have administrative access to everything on the network, therefore they have access to everything. When switching IT companies, you have to do it strategically.
Here’s what we recommend:
- Don’t cancel your current IT agreements until you have a new company chosen and in place.
- Make sure you have admin access to everything on your network, such as logins, passwords, etc. You should have this information anyways.
- Have your new IT company conduct an extensive security review. Make sure no backdoors exist.
- Once the new company is in place, give your current IT firm notice to cancel.
- Communicate the change with your entire staff and ensure all new protocols are shared with your staff as well.
No matter the reason, if you are thinking about changing IT companies, Compunet InfoTech is here to help. We are an award-winning Vancouver IT support company. We offer many services and solutions, such as Managed IT Support, Cybersecurity, Cloud Solutions, Backup Solutions, Virtual CIO, Project Management, Data Recovery, and so much more. Our team of experts will be more than thrilled to sit down with you and find out how we can help you with your IT needs. Give us a call at (604) 986-8170.