How Compunet Infotech Makes Switching IT Companies Easier
Nothing’s as frustrating as faulty IT.
Whether it’s slow connections, cybersecurity risks, or anything else that stems from ineffective IT support, you deal with it every day, and it will wear you down.
The longer you put up with less than effective IT services, the more it will cost you in downtime and security risks. Once you recognize you need more from tech support, you have to start looking into switching IT companies.
But that doesn’t mean you should rush the process – check out our latest video to learn more:
Are You Worried About Switching IT Companies?
If you don’t manage the process carefully, you can encounter a range of problems:
- Service Gap: If your services with your current IT provider end before the services from your new provider begin, you’ll be left without support for the period of time in between. What will you do when you need help? What happens when a server goes down? What happens when you’re hit with ransomware?
- Missing Information: An outgoing IT company may not be happy about being fired – and in retaliation, they may hold on to admin login info and credentials, just to make the process more difficult for you and your next IT company.
- Unidentified Backdoors: “Backdoor” access to your systems may have been necessary for your previous IT company to do their job, but once you’ve moved on, you don’t want them to have access still, right?
How Compunet Infotech Manages Your Switch Between IT Companies
To avoid unnecessary downtime, configuration issues, and other problems that can stem from a poorly planned transition, we have our new clients follow these five steps:
- Don’t cancel your service from your current IT provider until you have everything in place with your new IT provider.
- Make sure you have admin access to all accounts, data, and applications, along with a master list of passwords and other login info.
- Make sure your new IT company performs a cybersecurity assessment to confirm that no backdoors exist.
- Once your new IT company is in place, you can cancel the service with your previous provider.
- Make sure your staff knows about the change in IT support, and how to make use of the new service.
The bottom line is that you don’t want to rush the process of switching IT companies. Problems will occur if you proceed too quickly, without making sure you have the right information and control over your IT.
With Compunet Infotech managing the process, you won’t have to worry about a loss of service, leftover access compromising your systems or any other potential consequences of a mismanaged switch. You can trust that the process is being handled carefully and efficiently.