It’s unquestionable that technology has vastly changed the way we live our lives, having an impact on almost every facet of daily existence. In just a few decades, amazing advances have been made, creating a society and civilization that has never before existed in human history.
One of the greatest changes has been in the way we consume products and services and the way businesses operate. Though the gurus of high-tech promised us that life would be simpler, more productive, efficient, and convenient, it can also be argued that it has also made things more complicated.
One thing that can’t be argued however is that companies and businesses that don’t embrace and implement new technologies in production, administration, and marketing simply won’t be able to keep up with their competitors. This is true whether you’re selling widgets on eBay or tax preparation services in British Columbia.
Too many companies are still practicing outdated business models, hoping that what worked in the past will still deliver. But although there are some traditional practices that are still effective, at least for the moment, those who don’t change with the times are losing out on customers and profits. If your company could use some improvement in the IT department, read on for five essential technological advances you should adopt as soon as practically possible.
5 Fundamental IT Services For Vancouver Accounting Firms
- Cloud services – Most people are already using a cloud-based service without even thinking about it. It’s called email. Taking advantage of the cloud allows you to increase your company’s efficiency, productivity, and versatility while cutting down on expenses. It lets you outsource time-consuming, labor-intensive, and expensive IT functions and focus on other important business operations. At the same time you’re saving money on IT equipment. All of your team members will be able to seamlessly collaborate with each other, accessing and sharing files anywhere, at any time, and from any device. No longer will you have to worry about losing your information through a data breach or a natural disaster, it will all be backed up on someone else’s servers. And your confidential information will be secure too.
- Automation services – These days it is possible to automate many of the most important routine business chores, whether by using a cloud-based service or with in-house software. You can automate communications with your clients, system maintenance, social media marketing, report generation, and much more. The potential savings in both time and money are huge.
- Mobile services – Mobile devices have come into their own over the last several years, and most people couldn’t live their lives without them. This has become true for businesses too. Smartphones and tablets allow your employees to work from literally anywhere, whether they’re at home or on vacation. They can have ready access to system files and applications while working or consulting with clients. Encryption technology has made the transfer of data across mobile devices very secure. Of course your website should be mobile-friendly too. Your customers and your competitors are using mobile, and you should be too.
- Data Analytics – Today it’s possible to compile and analyze enormous amounts of data on how your business is operating. This allows you to determine what works and what doesn’t with your marketing campaigns, customer outreach, website effectiveness, product line, and much more. You’ll be able to see past performance and forecast future trends, and test out consumer response to new products and marketing tactics before they go live. All that information only makes sense if you have the tools to make sense of it.
- Social Media Management – Having a presence on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and all the others is an essential part of any modern marketing strategy. Unlike traditional ads, people choose to read social media. Not only can you get your company’s message out, but you can also build a relationship with current and potential customers. The problem is that maintaining your social media is very time-consuming. There are many social media management services available that will do the chore for you, and do it well.
Implementing advanced IT technologies is the only way to keep your business at the front of the herd. If you’re not taking advantage of them, you can be sure that your competitors are.
Compunet InfoTech provides comprehensive IT support for Vancouver accounting practices. Contact one of their IT professionals today for more information.
Author: Joe Martin, Date: 2018-11-29