Compunet – Seeking an Outstanding Level 1 Support Engineer to Join Our Team
About Compunet InfoTech
Compunet InfoTech knows technology is an incredibly powerful tool, and we know how to ask the right questions, to understand the business needs, requirements, and goals of our clients. We then implement the technologies that truly make a difference – helping our clients become more productive, efficient, and profitable.
Since 1989, Compunet has been a leading IT service and support company for businesses throughout Greater Vancouver. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, Nick Nouri, founder, and president leads our team of IT professionals, specializing in preventing and solving information technology challenges for our clients.
We have a passion for continuing education and a vision to help small to mid-size companies reach their potential through seamlessly integrated technology. We discover new solutions and leverage proven technologies to help businesses meet short-term goals and long-term objectives.
The Clients We Serve
The companies that we serve represent a wide swath of Vancouver and Western Canada’s industries. We work with everyone from venture-backed start-ups to multi-national corporations. The successful applicant will get the rare opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment where solving intricate IT challenges is a daily experience.
While we deliver outstanding IT services to companies of all kinds, Compunet has specialized expertise in supporting the high-demand and compliance requirements of the following:
Do you want to work with a team that takes technology, innovation, and unique applications to the next level? Then you may be the Level 1 Support Engineer that we are looking to add to our team! We are looking for the best and the brightest in the industry to add to our already stellar workforce. Compunet is a place that talented, customer-centric individuals thrive.
As an integral part of the Compunet team, you will work closely with both company leadership and clients, ensuring the timely and professional delivery of our services, providing technical support to customers, and guaranteeing a complete resolution to each service request. We expect the applicant to be able to work within deadlines – staying within the timeframe guidelines spelled out.
Applicant’s Responsibilities Will Include:
- First level support for customer Help Desk issues involving software, hardware, and networking
- Work with senior team members to formulate action plans to analyze and resolve client issues
- Complete assigned projects that could include review of documents, product demonstrations, presentations, and product development
- Keeping clear notes and concise documentation for each client and ticket
- Supply assistance for the technical needs of internal staff and external clients.
- Provide case monitoring, documentation, notifications, and status updates utilizing management tools.
- Contact vendors support and escalate tickets as required.
- Give feedback on service design and delivery along with technical inner workings related to the services we deliver to our clients as innovation moves ahead.
- Carefully document all interaction with clients and the resolution involved in each case.
- Use existing tools to assess and resolve service delivery and client technical issues.
- Project a positive, “can do” attitude to our client base.
The Qualifications and Soft Skills We Expect in an Applicant:
- Demonstrate strong technical troubleshooting
- Must be a team player
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Quick learning curve to learn new technologies
- Motivated to serve clients and meet their needs
- Strong organizational skills
The Technical Skills We expect in an Applicant:
- Ability and desire to research solution to problems to his/her best ability
- Desire and will to improve skills and willing to learn
- Ability to maintain composure in a difficult situation and maintain confidence.
- Ability to recognize their mistakes and willing to turn them to experience.
- Ability to improvise when needed. Willing to reach out for help when needed
- Self-starter, proactive. Ability to take responsibility.
- Networking +
- MCSA (desired but not mandatory)
- CompTIA A+ (desired but not mandatory)
The Applicant Will Be Expected to Help in Providing Outstanding Services to Our Client Base. Our Services Include:
- Managed IT Services – Helping our clients ensure more uptime while controlling the cost of IT support.
- Cybersecurity – Enabling our clients to do business online with confidence – knowing that we are maintaining and monitoring their protection protocols.
- Cloud Solutions – Giving our clients the advantage of competing on a global level and utilizing the same scalable, mobile, and secure solutions as their corporate competitors.
- Disaster Recovery – Ensuring our clients can survive a disaster that negatively impacts their ability to utilize their local IT assets by giving them the capability to work from anywhere.
- Virtualization – Providing our clients with cost savings, security, and the capability to use their operating system, files, and applications from anywhere, on any device, at any time.
- VoIP Services – Supplying our clients with robust, internet-based, professional business telephone systems.
The Compunet Team is as diverse as the region that we serve! Our leadership, technicians, and office staff proudly live and work in the same communities that our clients call home. We deliver our IT support to large and small businesses across the service areas of Greater Vancouver, Burnaby, North Vancouver, Langley, Surrey, and New Westminster.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please email it, along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.